Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Memories

I'm such a homebody. I don't like going out much, unless it's to dinner or the like. Going to clubs has never been my thing, too many ugly people too close to me. I don't really like going to bars either, but that's because I don't want to pay for drinks (who does eh?). Actually, I really don't like to go out during the summer. It's hot, sunny (want to keep my moon tan alive and well!), and just generally uncomfortable.

When I was younger I did like to go out to the pool though. Whenever we went on vacation, the pool was the place to be for me! I suppose I never really had any official pool toys though like other kids. No innertubes, no foam things, nothing. If I was lucky, a friend would have brought their toys and we could play. If I was alone, my toys were pennies or rocks. Diving for pennies was what I loved to do.

I do sometimes wish I owned a few pool toys but it really was an unnecessary purchase. There was only one person who would use them, and she really didn't get to go swimming much. Oh well, now I guess it wouldn't make sense for me to own any. I rarely go to the pool, even though there's one in our neighbourhood and I've got passes.

That said, if I have children, you can bet they'll get a few pool toys. Nothing fancy though, a few foam tubes and diving sticks last a long time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes u r right that pool toys are must have things for children these days. I just bought new foam tube for my daughter.