Thursday, June 12, 2008

PRK Experience- Day 5

Part 1- Pre-surgery

Part 2- Post-surgery

Part 3- day 2 and 3

Well, yesterday I got the contact taken out. Today my eyes feel much better. They still hurt a little, but not as much since the lenses are out. Tuesday's appointment was quick, but positive. My eyes are healing quite nicely, that's great news. Even better is that I'm seeing approximately 20/40. Just over 5 days ago I was seeing 20/1000, so this is fantastic!

A few more weeks before I'll feel comfortable to drive though. I don't want to do so until I'm about 20/20, just a personal choice. I'm healing quite fast, I was expecting this to go much slower and not be able to see quite as well as I can. It's really quite amazing.

My mother came with me to this visit and got a bit of an exam done for herself to see if she's a candidate for Lasik. So far they said that she is, but she goes back on Thursday for the full exam.

My next appointment is about 10 days away, so we'll see how that goes!

Today I got a card from LasikPlus that I have to keep in my wallet that says that I've had Laser Eye Surgery so my license isn't lying when it says I need corrective lenses. Which means I need to get to the DMV at some point and change my license. Joy.

They also gave me 4 refferal cards that offer $100 off a LasikPlus procedure for anyone else. This is great, but I doubt my mom will be able to use it since it expires in December. Oh well, maybe somebody else I know could benefit...doubtful though.

Still, it's a nice gesture.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the MVA here, cowboy.

And can I get Lasik so I have 20/10?

Gally said...

Psh, MVA DMV, same thing. DMV stands for "Department of Motor Vehicles" so it doesn't matter what state you're in.

No! I refuse to let you see better than me! Especially if it means you'll try to see through walls. I'm on to your little plan...

Jonnyfive said...

I am about to get PRK done in 2 days and I was very curious about the whole procedure and how I would feel in the next few days and what I would experience.

I appreciate you posting your experience so that I could have an idea of what to expect.

Unknown said...

How are you feeling now? I'm getting the surgery tomorrow. Pretty nervous.

Gally said...

Spydercanopus-

I'm feeling fantastic now. The difference you'll experience is amazing and I couldn't be happier. Let me know how your surgery goes!