Thursday, June 12, 2008

Jason Cable: intelligent and gay

I'm all for gay rights, especially when it comes to jobs. Discrimination based on looks, sexuality, or race is terrible. I think that the internet give gblt bloggers a great outlet to speak on issue important to them. Issues that may range from sexuality to politics to everyday life, like my blog here.

Jason runs a great gblt blog and podcast. His entries are witty and intelligent. It's amazing to think there are some people out there who think that homosexuals can't have the same personality of a straight person. Jason sets this terrible thought straight.

I especially like his blog post on his #1 search term, which is "Suze Orman gay". Suze Orman, for those who don't know, is a financial guru who has a money-talk show on CNBC. She recently came out as a lesbian, and has a longterm partner. It's funny that this is Jason's #1 search result for people wanting to visit his site, but I suppose it does prove that nothing is more enthralling than the sex lives of celebrities.

Personally, I never deny or proclaim my sexuality but I am truthful if people ask. I don't feel the need to say that I'm bi because I'm in a longterm, loving, relationship with a man. This is fine, as I can still support the gay community, I just feel a little odd fighting for my own. Reading gay blogs like Jason's are fantastic, as I do enjoy every aspect of the gay community. Especially the witty and intelligent blogger section.

0 comments: