Thursday, August 2, 2007

Wacom's uber-protection!

About a week ago I decided it was time to get a few new nibs for my Wacom Intuos 2 pen that I've had for a good, oh...4 years now?

I had replaced the nib once several years ago but I've noticed a definite wearing down of the current one and decided my poor pen needed a new nib.

Surprisingly, ordering from Wacom directly is cheaper than going through other sites. At least that's my experience. I was able to purchase 5 nibs for about $5 and no shipping fee. Pretty good deal.

I got them mainly because I've noticed my line quality is a bit too heavy , versus when I use my boyfriend's Intuos 3. I'm not quite sure if it's because of the nibs or just because I'm using an older model (yes, I already checked to make sure the sensitivity settings for each pen were identical.)

Anyhoo, the nibs arrived on Tuesday. I should point out that these things are about an inch long. Super tiny, but to my surprise it arrived in a large 8 1/2x11" envelope.

The entire package that Wacom packed for me:


Can you say packing overload? Each bag is bubble-wrapped filled if you can't tell.

I love the added assurance that my sturdy plastic nibs have no possible way of breaking while being transported across country. I also like that I got a few perfectly good packing bags for free.

This stands out to me since I've never gotten anything triple, no quadruple bagged before. Even when I ordered a few pieces of body jewellery, which couldn't have been any larger than the nibs, they came in the smallest bag only.

Has anyone else ordered from Wacom or another online store and received your product like this?


Also, as a bit of an aside, who here uses a Wacom tablet? What are you feelings on upgrading to an Intuos3 if my Intuos2 still functions well?

0 comments: