Saturday, July 28, 2007

Quick and Yellow

Fast post because it is far too late and I need to get up early tomorrow.

While most of my friends looked forward to the release of the new Harry Potter film and book, I grew lazy and saw neither (nope, not even in a bookstore). What I was gearing up for was a small little film about a tiny family in quaint Springfield.

Now that film has come out and I plan to see it tomorrow then spend the rest of the day wallowing in Simpson glory (i.e. giggling and totally destroying my boyfriend in the Simpson Trivia Game). I haven't seen a movie in a theatre in about a year I think. This decision of cinema-celibacy was made for a few reasons:

1. I'm cheap and don't want to spend $7-9 to sit in some room with a bunch of people I'll learn to loathe.
2. I'm antisocial and really don't enjoy watching films in groups unless it's will a few friends.
3. I'm lazy and don't feel like driving to any cinema because that means I'll have to actually make an effort to do something outside of the house for entertainment. Ppft, screw that.

So yes, good for you Matt Groening, you have successfully ejected me out of my comfortable room and squishy downloaded movies into a real house of overly priced entertainment. And lo, when I enter that sticky dark theatre and sit down in those chairs that while large and with fabric cupholders do not allow for proper cuddling I will have this look of contentment on my socially-retarded, homebody face:



I may also be riding a donut contact high...

Yes, for me the Simpsons has been one of the most stable parts of my long, young life. With a show as old as I am and my addiction to television quite rampant, how could I ignore this 5some family from good old Springfield USA? I've stuck by the Simpsons like Lisa sticks by her id identification, faltering only when the writers suffer a lapse of stupidity.

Yes I'm proud to say that I have seen all 400+ episodes multiple times and will continue to watch, even when the episodes really suck. I know as much about the Simpsons as I do about my own family, which is saying a lot because gossip tends to travel well within my clan.

Once the Simpsons end, which will happen eventually, I really don't know how I'll be able to spend my Sunday nights. I'll feel so empty missing out on my weekly dose of underbite wielding citizens of absurdity. I guess I'll have to hope that Futurama stays on the air this time. Another Groening fav of mine.

So keep your pirates, wizards and superheroes. All I need is a nice red couch, a pink sprinkle donut (to match my unfortunately dyed shirt)and a t.v. that defies all logic.

mmmmmmm 20+ years of yellow entertainment filled with fried dough....galargalgah *drools*

[EDIT] Saw it, loved it, will own it. Would love to start a discussion about it.

Who else here has seen the Simpsons movie?
What are you're opinions on it?

0 comments: