Friday, July 20, 2007

Far, Far too long

Whoo! It feels like it's been forever since I last posted. The correct adapter finally arrived and now I have time to post. This'll be a biggie.

Most importantly, ZAPP! our Comic-Con is now listed on Comic Book Conventions.com.

Click the add to go to our flier:



Hooray! We're a real convention now!

Also, I have the exhibition website up, but it's not quite ready for human eyes yet. A few more pages need to be tweaked and added. I'll obviously post it when I'm done though, same with the comic-con site.

I've been asked, along with another fabulous intern, to redo the VisArts website. So that's another thing that I'm helping out with.

So far we have the support of some wonderful comic artists and industry insiders. At the moment we're hoping to score Dark Horse for any sponsorship or even support they could provide. *crosses fingers*

Last night I finished the t-shirt design for our con. I'll post the artwork once I know it's been approved...and uhm...looks fabulous.

If any readers here are from the east coast I highly suggest you come to the convention and exhibition. We're really planning some great workshops and activities for kids as well as adults. The convention will be rather small (first time out, y'know?) however we will still have a masquerade contest as well as talks and featured artists.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this whole thing come together.

__________________________________________________________________________

Now for something unrelated:

A while ago I was tagged by the wonderful Kate to do the Eight Things Meme. If my computer were alive I would have completed this on time, however considering the circumstances this is the earliest I can fill it out.

The rules are:

The rules are simple…Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.



Here we go:

1. Fact: I have only been on a private boat once in my life and never on a cruise.

2. Habit: I love to rub my fingernails against hems for some reason. I don't know why, I guess it's quite comforting. It's hard to explain but I get a little jolt of happiness when my nail gets slightly caught along a hem.

3. Fact: Of all the people we know who are in our age group, my boyfriend and I are winning in the long-term relationship competition. Okay, it's not really a competition, but whenever we learn how long another couple has been together we turn to each and proclaim that, "we win" because we've been together longer. 4 years is a long time for young adults, and each year becomes another notch on our long-term belt of win.

4. Habit: Sometimes when I'm eating I'll hum. I never notice myself humming but other people do. It's very odd.

5. Fact: I cannot ride a bike. I learned years ago but gave up for a more sedimentary lifestyle.

6. Habit: I always paint my fingernails and toenails. and they always have to be at least two different shades/colours.

7. Fact: I can't draw superheroes to save my life. Any man of steel that I attempt ends up looking 12-years-old.

8. Habit: I can't go a day without spending time online. I'm an internet addict and proud of it! Someday my retinas will detach and melt out of my head but at least I'll be entertained with net nonsense!

Hrm...it seems like everyone I was going to tag has already done this meme. In which case, if you would like to participate leave me a comment with a link to your entry and I'll link your site here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you cant ride a bike?????

Gally said...

Sadly it's true. I can't whistle either, so I fail at life.

However, I can bend my back in some fantastic ways, so...I don't completely fail I guess :/