Thursday, July 5, 2007

Golden, Silver and Bronze

This past week my boss was on vacation, which meant I got to work from home. I prefer to work from home, it's where I'm most comfortable and probably where I also get the most work done. I'm such an anti-social homebody.

Among my tasks to complete/work on this week is to compile a very thorough Excel chart listing:
-artists
-writers
-editors
-publishers
-t.v. shows
-movies
-collectors/historians
-Theatre
-books

from the Golden, Silver and Bronze age of comic books. At some point I'll tackle Modern age too, but that's a whole other issue. It's quite a task.

So far I've easily been able to compile lists of authors, writers, t.v. shows and movies from each age. What I am having trouble with is theatre, publishers, books, collectors, and editors.

Do any of you know of a good website that might have a listing of these things relating to the 3 ages of comics?

Wikipedia entries excluded unless they are comprehensive. I already have their Gold, Silver, and Bronze pages included as well as the lists for t.v. shows and films based on comics.

*Let's not ask why I'm not to look for the extremely interesting underground comic books. This exhibition is pretty family oriented (dern), so sadly R. Crumb and the rest of his crew get left out.

0 comments: