Friday, August 10, 2007

No Such Thing as "Stable"

Goddammit, I'm really fed up with my bed.

Since moving to a new state, I chose to rid myself of my childhood bed (a trundle, full-frame white beast)and trade it in for the "guest room bed" (something that took up much less space. The guest room bed is perfect for my room and allows me to actually stuff crap under it, however it has a huge fault

The damn thing was made in 1980-who-knows-when and is composed of two metal L-shaped rods to hold the mattress/boxspring and a headboard.

There's not even a third rod to keep the two together! Thus I deal with bed collapsing. The damn L-rods like to shift a tiny bit and one corner of my boxspring will get wedged underneath one. Resulting in a much hated ritual of getting up at all hours of the night to wrestle with my bed and forcefully pull the boxspring out, only to delicately balance it in between the two rods and go back to sleep annoyed and headachey.

The next bed I own will be a full frame, this is just cheap, old and ridiculous!

Has anyone else ever had a similar problem with their beds collapsing because of stupid workmanship?

0 comments: