Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Again?

Well, my adapter died on me again today. This is the third one in less than a year that's crapped out on me. I've left it unplugged for a few hours, but no use. The light doesn't go on, and my computer is completely worthless since the battery drained.

The worst part is that it failed sometime during the night, after I went to bed. So I really have no idea when it happened, but it was over two hours before I woke up.

I'm more than a little annoyed at this. The adapter can't be more than a month old!

It's getting to a point where I think I should just say fuck it, I need a new laptop. It seems like my computer started on a downhill decline into death and is speeding up.

I'm certain that my computer had some factor in destroying this adapter. I already know the connection is shakey (thanks HP, for giving me a multi-pin adapter that is not compatable with any other machine), and that comes from the computer itself. For instance, if I plug it in, there's no guarentee my computer will recognize the adapter and it'll probably keep running on battery power.

I'm pretty sure we've spent close to $200 already on replacement adapters and I need this laptop bad. All of my work is on it, I was planning on backing stuff up today (of course). I cannot imagine going to work next week without a laptop. All my VisArts website files are on the damn thing, how am I supposed to work on that?!

This is extrodinarily depressing, since I lost my 1gb USB drive a little while ago as well. There's no question about it, I need a new laptop. I need some power supply so I can at least get my files off of the HP.

I know I've been talking about how I would like a new machine, even browsing for nice new laptops, but I reasoned with myself that it probably wouldn't happen until next year, if at all. Next year I have one gigantic expense, LASIK, I don't feel right piling on a new computer on top of that.


Just my luck that this thing fails before I leave for school in a few weeks. I'm fucked.

0 comments: