Saturday, August 4, 2007

Moose Riding

Moose riding in the Canadian Rockies is not a common sight. Even less common is traversing across the great white north only to stumble upon an evil bunny munching on a human arm.

This experience never happened to me, but damn if it doesn't make a fantastic and meaningful self-portrait!




Yep, one of my last finals was the dreaded self-portrait. When we were initially given the assignment my professor said it was to be a narrative portrait and for us to be as creative as possible.

Apparently, this is not what she meant.

Nuts to her. I'd rather show myself on a moose with a perplexed expression than a boring old "ooh, look at me...my background's all dark and I'm moody and deep and oOooOo I'm sooo depressed" style self-portrait. Which appeared to be the tone of other's work.

I would like to add that I was the only one in that class to use this much colour, and the only one to feature a bunny or moose in one of my pieces.

Take that conventionalism!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was in High School, we had a school exchange with a school in Great Slave Lake in NWT.

The scenery was just out of this world. The bears were even bigger. The Northern Lights were by far the most unique thing that I saw but no evil bunny munching on any human arms.

Gally said...

awww...

Anonymous said...

That picture is amazing. You have real talent. Don't let your professor or anyone else tell you otherwise!

Gally said...

Why thank you ^.^