Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hello Muffin my old friend...

So! what've I been up to these past 10 days you might ask? What on Earth has been keeping me from updating this blog with new art or anything of the like?

Well!



Not much unfortunately.

School has been truckin' along. Nothing really exciting to write about though. Next Tuesday I'll get to meet and listen to the amazing Mr. Gerald Scarfe. That should be quite an evening and I hope I remember my camera. If you're unfamiliar with Scarfe's work, he was the animator behind Pink Floyd's The Wall:



As well as character designer for Disney's Hercules and artist of several politically incorrect drawings. Needless to say, I'm quite excited for this.

On my own end of art things, I spent the first several weeks of the quarter illustrating three pages of Chickasaw Adventures as an exercise. They're not very good, so I won't subject you to that. However, I also got the opportunity to draw a cartoon version of a live action show for my character design class. I chose the wondiferous, Mighty Boosh.

Those in America may be somewhat unfamiliar with the show. Don't ask me to describe it to you, because it really is something you just have to see to understand.



I drew Tony Harrison instead of Bob Fossil because I like him a tad more.

What's on the horizon you ask?

Well! Up next I've got a Batman by Gaslight page to doodle and a maquette to create. As soon as I have my camera back I'll post photos of the cowputer maquette and head-lamp I created last quarter. Soon, I swear.

0 comments: