Monday, September 3, 2007

Last Physical Day at Work

This weekend has been quite busy and I've failed to do a few things (sorry!), including write about my last physical day at VisArts.

I say "physical" because I'm working from home/school from now on. I'm not off the map, and everyone can reach me via phone or email. I don't quite know if I've doomed myself to some horrible work-fate... The next day after I left I got many phone calls from my boss. So it's nice to know I'm needed, and I certainly hope I'm not needed too much.

The last day was pretty good. Even though I spent a lot of it bouncing from one computer to mine to somebody else's computer. Stupid batteries.

I honestly can't say that I worked on one exact project. I spent a good amount of time during the staff meeting concocting a new cover for a little brochure we're giving out. I'd also say a good amount of my time was spent on the new program guide. Which, since I once again missed Spectacular Spectral Saturday, I feel obliged to share with you:

VisArts public program guide

There it is, in all its Fall glory. How lovely.

Of course, the guide is not complete. I'm still waiting for a few descriptions and images from everyone. I guess my plan of actually finishing one thing that Wednesday failed. Oh poo.

I stayed later than I normally would, so I got to be present when the traditional bottle of wine was cracked open to end the long day. It was a nice end to my summer stay there at VisArts.

My stay isn't close to being over, so expect more bitching, whining, and apathetic posts on the matter.

Huzzah for internet communication!

0 comments: