Wednesday, September 12, 2007

First Week Back and I'm Thinking About Cheating

Last year I put on a bit of weight from school. That's to be expected of course, first year living in dorms being forced to use that horrid meal plan, even though I wasn't a freshman I still got the dreaded Freshman 15 >.<

Over the summer I worked on getting my weight back down, mostly by doing yoga and trying to lower my caloric intake. It didn't seem to do anything and now I'm back at school and I have to eat the food here or I'll have wasted over $1,000 (SCAD meal plans are anything but cheap). I feel terrible about wasting food, and even worse about wasting money but I really do need to work on lowering my weight, lest I wish to end up like my mother and contract diabetes. Yes, it runs in the family, as does overweightness. I'm just lucky I guess.

Well, in my goal to work toward a more...eh...a less squishy me, I've been scouring the web trying to find a few good websites to help meet my goal. Of course there are thousands of different types of diet websites out there, with all kinds of suggestions on how to lose weight. One of the more interesting diets is the Cheat to Lose Diet, which is supposed to help you raise your metabolism enough so you can gorge yourself on your favourite bad foods every once in a while.




It's an interesting concept, and certainly worth checking out (plus it's free). The creator of the diet claims he lost more weight during the two weeks he cheated than when he was strictly following his diet.

I'm typically against dieting. I think the Atkins and South Beach diets are silly. Once you get off of them, the pounds will just pack right on. I believe more in the old adage of eat less, weigh less.
I'm probably going to check out this diet plan, I mean you have to fill out a questionnaire before you sign up, which asks questions such as what sort of fitness type you are (like, are you a couch potato or workout freak) and what kind of diet would you like to focus on (low calorie is a choice).

Like so many things, I rely on the internet to provide me with what I need. I guess I'll have to add "getting in shape" to that list, but at least I'll also be able to have that extra dessert!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had good luck with Weight Watchers, because you virtually can't "cheat" on the system, because they don't tell you what you can and can't eat. It's just if you eat good stuff, you get to eat a lot MORE, so you choose between more and chocolatey. LOL

Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

oh no, you don;t wanna contract diabetes. stay away from it. excercise a lot and eat healty. watch out while you have the time