Saturday, September 22, 2007

Dragon Drawing

It's been kind of quiet here I guess, not too much going on this past week. I've been pretty boring, spending a lot of my time doing homework or being lazy. One nice thing about this week was the jaunt over to see Frank Warren of Post Secret give a talk. While emotionally draining, it was a good experience and I'm glad I went.

It's shaping up to be a good weekend too, I don't really have any work to do which means I might finally be able to spend some time on my little summer drawing that's been on my back since before VisArts:

Dragon closeup

It's a dragon, a creature that I rarely ever draw, simply because I'm not very good at it. Of course, to become better I decided at the beginning of summer to start this immense project, with the intent of finishing it before school. Well, when you look at it, it looks like I gave up pretty quickly right? Not quite, see that's not the full image, that's just what I've done so far. I have this entire beastie to tackle:

Full Dragon

All of that fur...taunting me like a shag carpet that needs a deep shampooing. Ugh. Slowly but surely I'll finish Mr. Dragon there, if it's the last thing I do.

Hopefully by then my skill will have improved immensely and I'll be able to proudly display this image in my portfolio. Then cringe when I try to count each fur section.

0 comments: