Monday, September 10, 2007

The Long Long Road to ..Smellsville

Ah, the drive to Savannah. Riding along that well-worn trail down 95, listening to ambient music and gazing at all the familar billboards is quite relaxing.

Then the smell hits. The smell of papermills and bad air. The smell that is a sensory "welcome to Savannah!"

It's certainly not one of the things I look forward too in coming here. I rather enjoy my air unpolluted and free of terrible stink. Oh well.

I'm all moved in and pretty much hoping the next 3 months go by somewhat quickly. In all honesty, I kind of want the next 10 months to be over and done with too, I'm rather looking forward to my gift of Lasik this coming summer.

My boyfriend is living in a room on the top floor of our dorm building, with a friend. A rather sociable friend, so this means we will have little, if not any, time to ourselves. I suppose giving up this grand luxury is to be expected when living in a dorm, but I'm sure I'll tire of the socialness rather soon. I'm a terribly anti-social person. Friendly, but I would rather spend time in my room alone then go out with people.

However, so far I'm also rather happy I got an okay roommate. She seems fairly laid back and this should lead to a good school year ahead.

I'm not quite sure what else to say about school. Classes start tomorrow, so hooray I'm one class closer to ending the quarter and getting a new laptop!

I guess I have one more thing to add. I've been feeling a little sick recently. I'm not quite sure if it's my stomach adjusting to the school food or me physically reacting to what my brain's been saying all along. This year will be different from the last.

But I don't think it's a good thing.

0 comments: