Thursday, August 7, 2008

Good customer service is a must for a web host

As you know, I'm in the market for a web site. Specifically, I'm in the process of looking at different web hosting services and coming up with a good URL. J and I have been working off and on to come up with a good joint address that both of us can use, but that's another story.

I have some experience with Network Solutions, it's the chosen webhost for my work and I'd say our IT guy is quite happy with it. From my second-hand experience, I've seen that their customer service is pretty spot on. They are easy to get a hold of and very knowledgeable about whatever issues we have. A good example is when my partner and I were working on redesigning the site, we were hoping to use php. However, at that time, our hosting package didn't include php or ajax options, which would make it impossible for us to actually create the pages we wanted. Our IT go-to guy was able to make a quick phone call to Network Solutions and blammo! We have php support.

Of course, my work also has the pro package, so we get the most with Network Solutions web hosting. I would be looking for a personal package, which Network Solutions is just out of my price range for unfortunately. However, for a business, small or non-profit or otherwise, it is a pretty good deal.

0 comments: