Sunday, August 3, 2008

Aw Nertz

Well, I think I may have broken the Xbox. Not intentionally of course, but last night it gave me an "error 74" which means that there's either something wrong with the A/V cable or the sector chip. AWESOME!

What doesn't make sense is that I moved or unplugged the Xbox only once since I got it from J. And that was for a very short time. So why would it give me this error now?

Did I mention that this is borrowed from J's roommate? Yeah...

Tomorrow J will bring his A/V cables and I'll see if it's a cable or console issue. If it's a cable issue...I guess we'll have to pay $40 for a new one >.< If it's a console issue, we may be able to send it in for repair and still be under warranty. A few weeks ago, my house kept getting brown outs. Where the lights and electronics would loose power for a second. So the Xbox got the 3-red-lights of doom a few times. Luckily, it bounced back pretty quickly but still had me quite scared. Apparently, it logs that error in the memory, so we can technically send it in because of the lights of death, not the wire issue, and potentially get a brand new one.

I kind of hope it comes to that, since that would be the cheapest way to repair it and perhaps even do it without his roommate knowing.

Either way, this is bad news.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'd still tell him, but not until it's taken care of...