Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My New York Non-adventure

Family vacations, no matter where you go you'll always have a unique time and memories that will last forever. Even though, in recent years, I haven't joined my parents on too many multiple day vacations, I still have fond memories of our past adventures.

I've only been to New York a few times in my life. I imagine if I lived in the east coast my entire life, I would visit it more often, but really I'm not a huge fan of the city. I do recall a few trips in recent years that were somewhat "wild" I suppose. Really, I'm a very boring person, who goes on fairly boring vacations. My idea of a perfect vacation is going to a location or staying at home and just relaxing. I don't feel a big need to go out and be all touristy of course. However, my parents feel a bit different.

One time, when we went to New York city to meet my mother's friend, we decided to eat at a little diner that was completely crowded. It was a pretty typical meal, lovely, loud, good food. Really, the whole trip was not very memorable, except for one little thing. On our way out of the restaurant, I literally ran into LL Cool J. Yep, I'm a non-focusing dork.

The last time we went to New York, we wanted to visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art, a museum I haven't been to in years. Of course, this was right in the middle of the transportation strike that occurred a few years back so all we ended up doing was driving around in circle for many hours. The roads in front of MOMA were blocked, so we couldn't even get there. Quite lackluster really.

Yyyeappp...New York trips for me are fairly boring. I guess I rely on my parents for things to do in New York, or any other city we visit for that matter. Or I could always take a look at some sightseeing tours websites. The site is pretty easy to use, and there's even a newsletter you can sign up for that keeps you up to date with touring news so you'll always know of Things to do in Las Vegas, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and many others. Also, as an added incentive, if you sign up for Trusted Tours & Attractions newsletter (before May 31st, 2008) you are entered into a contest to win a $150 Itunes gift card.

I know my parents rely on sightseeing websites when they travel. I guess I'll just learn to do the same at some point.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

NY is a great place to visit. As a home travel agent working in the travel business industry, seeing people travel to places like these is great. Thanks for the post for fellow travelers alike.