Sunday, February 22, 2009

Never been to the OBX

I live in Maryland, but I've yet to really spend time on the Outer Banks (or OBX, as bumper stickers would indicate). I don't know why, I've just never really been out there for more then maybe a few hours. There's never been any family out there, I don't really go boating, and we don't do any Outer Banks rentals of property, so what's the point?

I've become less and less of a fan of beaches over the years. It's not so much that I don't like going in the ocean, I used to love swimming, is that I don't particularly care for the sun or tourists. Quiet beaches can be so serene and calming, but I don't think I'd really get that if I were to go to the Outer Banks for a summer holiday. I'm quite happy staying inside, by DC, and enjoying my quiet, homely, comfort.

0 comments: