Sunday, September 28, 2008

Futures

The subject of graduation came up again recently, because I had to go to a meeting to find out all the requirements needed to get my degree. It's just another moment where I realize how much next year will differ from this. I'm going to have to think about a lot of things when I leave school this spring. Including, but not limited to, where I'll live, if/what kind of job I'll have right after I leave. How I'll pay for things like medical or car insurance. When will I have time to devote to artwork itself, and not feel bogged down in everyday issues. What will I need to bring with me when I finally find a place. What will I actually do with this new degree.

It's tough to seriously think that far ahead without getting bogged down in the details and feeling pessimistic. That's why I can't do it. I have to just focus on the here and now, put my all into finishing this last year with an awesome portfolio, and fling myself in the world after school.

0 comments: