Saturday, June 16, 2007

Something a Little More Traditional

For this Saturday I want to show something a little different. If you have taken the time to check out my Deviant Art page, you'll notice I post a lot of contemporary style piece. Generally coloured with Photoshop, or another digital media. Well, I can actually draw realistically, I just don't find it as fun. That's what the piece for this Saturday is, a figure drawing.



I've been drawing women all my life, they are my muse of choice. My parents would really like me to diversify my portfolio, my father constantly asks why I don't draw guys. Well, I took a figure drawing course this past quarter and guess what, only two models were male. Of those two men, we never got a chance to draw a full-body piece with them (just quick gesture and head sketches). Which means that in the end my portfolio is once again filled with women. Go figure.

*note: if anyone has a problem with this and future nude images I may post here, please take into consideration that it is a figure drawing. Meant to observe and enjoy the beauty of the human form. Not to be taken in a sexual way at all.*

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats an awesome piece of art, nothing vulgar but a very nice potrait of the most beautiful thing that God created.