Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Gah

It's late and I'm still rather unhappy with this layout. I guess it's more to work on tomorrow. Silly Blogger apparently likes to let me download my full template but when I try to upload the altered template (which was nothing more than a few image replacements), gives me an error.

Says my HEAD tag needs to be closed. Hey genius, I did that. You, Blogger, left the damn tag opened. After a quick fix of that, it still gives me the same error message.

Ugh.

>.<

Stupid templates.

On a semi-related note, I really really really need to finish up my friend's website. I feel rather bad about how slowly it's going. Just getting all her photo's lined up and edited is so mind-numbing, but I love the results. Too bad she had to contact me during finals. And now I'm sitting on my butt lazily dealing with my weblog instead of finishing her site. I need to kick myself into gear.

That's my plan, get her site done and up tomorrow. Also, colour at least one sequential page. My goal is to get 5 done by the end of this week. Technically, I have five fully inked and toned pages of sequential art, but I need to do a few full colour ones. And in different styles. My hope is that I can get some work as a colorist this summer (a person who fills in the colour on comic pages after the inker has neatly outlined everything in black). That would be most excellent.


On a completely unrelated note, my post titles and labels automatically convert to Hindi once I press the spacebar. It doesn't affect my actual posts, but what is up with that? I have no recollection of turning anything on that would make my titles and labels do this? Also, they didn't seem to convert to Hindi until last week, which is why I'm using single word titles.

Any ideas on how to remedy this odd situation?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just looked at your source code, and I don't see anything that would be telling blogger to translate your post titles into another language. I would click on Help at blogger.com and see if you can submit a support ticket or send an email to them. Do they have a forum where you can post a question?

Oh, and your header graphic looks really good. Mmmm, muffins :)

Gally said...

I ended up just unchecking the "allow transliteration" button. That worked. It just seems strange because I had that button checked when I started my blog and it didn't automatically change the titles and labels. Oh well, this isn't a big deal anyway, I don't think I have any Hindi readers anyway.