Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Traveling Uninsured?

So I can't help but wonder, what with how expensive it is to just travel these days, who gets travel medical insurance? I mean, I suppose it's very useful if you're planning on a month-long trip, but for the casual tourist, that seems like quite an unnecessary expense.

Maybe I'm being shortsighted with this, but I don't think I can imagine any trip I'll take where I need extra insurance. Well, let me rephrase that. I can only hope I'll get to take a trip where I should buy extra insurance, because then I know I'm in for a fabulous vacation.

2 comments:

ISA Brokers said...

Since I work for a travel medical insurance company, I see first hand the growing number of people purchasing travel med insurance, and I also see the unfortunate many who actually need it. We have reimbursed people for everything from lost luggage and missed connections, to slip and falls that required medical evacuation costing tens of thousands of dollars. I never even knew about travel medical insurance, but now i would never travel without it. I know that one of the companies we represent just reimbursed this lady$45,000 from injuries and and evacuation from an accident she suffered while slipping when she stepped of a bus in Europe. She was in perfectly good health, just slipped on some ice. Thank goodness she had the coverage.
Especially in today's economy. You insure anything you have invested in: your home, your car, why not your vacation investment, or your HEALTH? Surely it is worth a couple bucks a day to cover what could be financially devastating.
https://www.sevencorners.com/insurance/liaisonmultiquote/HW7C6Y3

Anonymous said...

I am with you actually... I don't really see the need to go the extra mile and get the travel medical insurance. I guess I am just not a big believer in insurance.. Especially after hearing alot of horror stories.