Thursday, January 3, 2008

Back in to it...Again

Gah, one more day before I leave for school again! Awww poo. This winter break flew by (don't they all) and my last week wasn't spent the way I'd really love it. All alone, just slowly packing and having my days free from social interaction and business >.<

Oh well, at least I got to say a nice goodbye to VisArts for the time being. Till summer at least, but I know I'll hear from them continuously throughout the next two quarters.

My classes are all squared away and I'm ready to just get back into school. I'm also ready to not have to wake up too early each day and spend a lot of time puttering about. Man, I'm a boring person.

New Years was nice, we didn't do much. The boyfriend and I saw Sweeney Todd and had Indian food. Mhmmhm, Depp and Saag Chicken, a good combination.

Sweeney Todd was quite good, though far less humorous than I was thinking. I guess I wasn't expecting a full on drama with very few laughs, I love Tim Burton and Johnny Depp so I think I was hoping for a dark comedy. Having not seen the stage show, I guess I really didn't know what to expect really. There was a good amount of blood, and the film was quite dark overall.

I'm a bit confused though, where did Benjamin Barker get the name "Sweeney Todd" from exactly?

The ending also left a question or two unanswered but for spoiler's sake, I won't talk about it here.

Great film, lovely sets and dark costumes plus a whole truck-o-blood was used. What a wonderfully violent way to ring in the new year.

0 comments: