Thursday, March 6, 2008

Catching up

Jeez, it's been a really long time since I posted >.<

Sorry about that, getting caught up in school work does not make for a viable excuse.

It's hard to believe that another quarter is about to end, I'm that much closer to graduating and having absolutely no idea what I'll do with my life. Awesome!

Actually, I have been thinking about the future and I really don't know what I'll do. I understand that so much success in the comics industry falls on self-promotion and I'm a little afraid that I won't be inspired enough to create fantastic pieces that will get me a job or two. Really, the driving motivation behind every single piece I do in school is the hope of getting a good enough grade, and maybe a portfolio worthy piece.

I'm afraid I'll be lost without the professors, but on the other hand, I've been drawing without guidance for so long that it probably won't make much of a difference. At least, that's all I can really hope for.

I may post an onslaught of work in the coming weeks, as there is only one more week left in the quarter and then I'll have a lovely break to sit around and finally get back into playing The Witcher. So here are a few watercolour sketch pieces to pass the time:





It's not that I haven't been busy, far from it, I just haven't been scanning stuff in nearly as often as I should. I've also been busy with a small web design project:

Manassas Chiropractic and Rehab: Spinal Rejuvenation

This little site is all about an alternative therapy for back pain. You don't have to get surgery for your herniated disc, you can try using the Pettibon System available at Dr. Steve Lininger's Manassas, VA office.

So, there you go. I am well and alive, or at least alive.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. your watercolor sketches are beautiful, I like it. Nice meeting you, I saw your blog from other blog and thought of dropping by to say Hi.

You did a great job for the two sketches on this post, I really do love it.

Anonymous said...

I think you're going to be fine on your own. Everyone gets into their comfort zone due to an outside influence but maybe you'll find the "alone" experience to be freeing and your creativity will fly from your hands in a way that you never thought imaginable. I wish you luck!

PS: Your artwork is amazing! Are you ever going to sell any prints? I'm redecorating :heh:

Gally said...

Krissy-

Thank you! I hope that's how it will go and I won't miss my professors telling me what to draw.

Hah, I'm always up for selling prints ^.^ Here's my commission info page.

Anonymous said...

Your school time paintings are just awesome and I think that you don’t need any teacher for this as you can also go on your own. Your art concept is also unique and very attractive.

Anonymous said...

nice sketches =)

Anonymous said...

hey, can you post more of your stuff? i like looking at them ..