Sunday, November 4, 2007

Keep on Searching for the One

I am currently looking forward to a life of freelance illustration/comic work. I really have no idea how to go about getting a job, or at least browse for one. Sure, there's Monster.com or HotJobs, but those cater to business professionals and people who already have their degree. I want a website that has a wide range of jobs for freelancers and where I can find people looking for graphic designers, illustrators, programmers, writers, web designers and others that don't quite fit in the office norm.

I'm rather happy to find this freelance marketplace, it's actually exactly what I've been looking for. Their categories, visual art related of course, are nicely organized and the site design itself is simple without any distracting elements. And there are real comic/illustration jobs! Whenever I search on Monster or other sites I can either find nothing that's remotely related or I get stuck with entry-level sales positions.

I would really like to try this out...but....there's a membership fee...of course. Well, I'm not too keen on that. The whole reason I'm looking for a job is because of lack of money, but I imagine this is an excellent resource for non-college students. Or people who already are somewhat established in their field but want more work.

3 comments:

DewKnight said...

Found you through the Do Follow list. You say you draw comics... I'm looking for people who can draw for a pilot cartoon. It won't pay for the pilot, but if it's picked up or becomes popular, it would become a paying gig. Interested at all? Leave a comment over at my site: dewknight.com

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

how many ones do you have?

Gally said...

Don't know.. 5 I guess.